Sunday 28 August 2016
For latest information regarding road closures and sea wall see news section below
- THE SLAPTON LINE
- The 'Slapton Line' is the fragile shingle bar that runs between Slapton Ley in South Devon and the sea. A storm in 2001 damaged the road that runs along it and as a result the organisations with responsibility for it set up the Slapton Line Partnership to help manage its future.
- This site was set up with a number of users in mind :
- Local Residents - who want to know about the future of the Slapton Line, or more immediately are concerned about a storm warning, Go to the Community Information page.
- Visitors to the Area - who want to know what to see in the area. Go to the Visiting the Area page this includes more information about 'Explore Start Bay'.
- Those interested in Coastal Change - Resources section.
- The report which looked at different strategies to prolong the life of the road (Scott Wilson report) concluded that the best approach was to plan to move the most vulnerable sections inland as well as maintaining strategically placed mounds of shingle.
Please find attached an update about the Environment...
Our project board met this week to review the repair...
Following on from Friday’s update, Becky Richards,...